Sunday, March 22, 2015

Root Beer

Instructions for 4 gallons of Root Beer. 

  • Heat .5 gallon water 212 F. +/-
  • Dissolve in 1.5 lbs sugar
  • Dissolve in 2.75 lbs honey
  • Add 4 oz. Morebeer extract #2 Soda Extract
  • Transfer to Corny tank
  • Fill tank up to 4 gallons with tap water
  • Fill tank up with 12 psi CO2
  • Pour when you can create a big head of foam

My objective was to recreate the A&W root beer I had at the drive ins growing up. Frosted glass mug. Frothy and full of the amazing flavour. I would give the results of this a 8/10. Frothy was fine after about 5 days of carbonation. The flavour is very good but still not spot on.

I will enjoy drinking this however since this is my first Root Beer I'm going to try other recipes.

---
5/16/2015 - Finished the soda. Overall very good but only a 7/10 for creamy sudsy. Flavour and sweetness was 9/10. 

No comments:

Post a Comment